Monday, October 15, 2007

Film Theory 1.01

It is a truth universally acknowledged that Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, in particular, are just plain bad Batman movies.

(From 3 dev Adam, also known as Captain American and Santo vs. Spider-Man)

Watch the films with a Spanish language track, however, and you will discover that they are, in contrast, amazingly entertaining big-budget Luchadore (Mexican Wrestler) movies.

Santo vs. Bane? I'd watch it. Oh wait, I have.

Discuss.

[My heartfelt thanks go to Telemundo for airing Batman Forever in Spanish last night, and turning these dated misfires in to timeless classics for the all-ages.)

1 comment:

Samantha said...

You make some valid points about how the Batman movies are no longer what they used to be. I will have to try out watching one of those movies with a spanish track. But you have to admit, at least in my opinion, that Jim Carrey did an awsome job at playing the Riddler.